Pages

Sunday 18 November 2012

Cycle Circuit

Yes I know it's been a while! Lea and I have been lacking motivation of late but I have missed the friendships gained in the blogging world. Here goes another attempt at a restart to more regular posts.

Yesterday we hosted the masters Wellington Harriers run on a rainy day. The weather didn't dampen the spirits and we had about 10 runners / walkers to take on a hilly course behind Paraparaumu.

Today dawned fine and Lea and I did separate cycle rides. Lea did a 3 hour flat course and I tackled some hills. I really enjoyed my 75 km ride!

My course began along the Paraparaumu Beach Esplanade.



After 7 km on SH1 I arrived back on the coast walkway which took in some lovely views of Kapiti Island and Pukerua Bay.






I decided to branch off slightly from my usual circuit to add in some extra hills that ended up in Plimmerton.






I stopped briefly to take some pictures of the Paremata Inlet.






From there I had a long climb up to the summit of Paekakariki Hill.





From there it was a cruisy ride down to SH1 before heading home.



I managed to get my new bike up to 50 kph [30 miles] at one point along the highway. I am pleased overall with my ride as my fitness is coming back.


Hope to show off my new bike in my next post!

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering if Lea had done the ride she was practising for. The route you took is spectacularly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are both well!
    Oh my, can I move to New Zealand? It's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That look like a great route you took. Wonderful scenery :)

    ReplyDelete