Pages

Monday 13 June 2016

Farewell My Dad...You Are Missed!

Living life without my dad is hard work at times!

I miss all the times I played pool, squash and golf with my dad in the growing up years and beyond. The rivalry between us was fierce and dad hated to lose. Suppose I wasn't so gracious myself. Dad had it over me in most sports though honours were probably shared in pool and table-tennis.

Dad was the glue that kept the family together and with his passing as of January this year nothing has been the same.

Dad was an extremely giving guy, with strong Catholic beliefs. He was still running around looking after those in need, usually younger than him, into his late 70's. 

This photo was taken of Dad when I visited him in Dunedin in December 2015. He was already quite sick at this point and died on January 14, the day after my birthday. Thankfully all of us were there at his bedside to say our good-byes.



Lea set up a table for me to remember him and write anything of how I was feeling. You will see some golf balls in the photo. We both spent a lot of time chasing after them without much luck.




Hope to return another day soon with some happy times spent with my dad.

Take care everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Dear Paul ~ Sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. May your loving memories keep filling your heart.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about this, Paul. He sounds like an amazing guy. You look very like him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sorry for your loss Paul. I remember seeing posts you put up of him and you playing pool/billards. It is hard to lose such a close family member. Glad you were all there by his bedside to say your last farewells to him. I am sure that meant a lot to him.

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please accept my sincere condolences for the loss of your precious father.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss Paul. Your Dad sounds like he was an amazing man and a good Father. I hope all your good memories will be a comfort to you. I'm so glad you were there with him in those final hours. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Paul. It's been a long time since I visited. I am so sorry to hear that you lost your Dad. I remember how close you were to him. You and I are in a similar boat... I lost my husband, Joe, this year. It's not easy, is it? You take care, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear about this, Paul. He sounds like an amazing guy. You look very like him!


    ทางบ้าน

    ReplyDelete
  8. We Offer Loan At A Very Low Rate Of 3%. If Interested, Kindly Contact Us. email us at (fastloanoffer34@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to share my life story so that someone else can heal from my wound,I was diagnosed with COPD with 55-60% lung capacity. and Hiv, My doctor just said all the crying , stomping your feet will not change it so just accept it and basically patted me on the back and sent me home to die. I was devastated and was afraid to do anything. I stopped riding my bike, I was afraid to do anything that would cause any exertion. It consumed my thoughts with every breath and the fear of what to expect was almost more than I could deal with. So I couldn't get myself all time I decided to find a herbal cure online and I came across Doctor Itua on how he cure several people suffering from Hiv, and Herpes I gave him a call on this Number +2348149277967 also chat on whatsapp he gave me all the details about the cure i paid him for the medicine after 5 working days i receive my herbal medicine ,I use it for two weeks that is how I get Cured and today I'm living healthy and fine I give him thanks also promise him to testify about his work,He Can also cure the following diseases..Copd,Herpes,Alzheimer's disease,carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Parkinson's ,Epilepsy,Cancer,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis,diabetes,Coeliac disease,Infertility, Asthma.Contact...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com..Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete